LUBBOCK, Texas – The City of Lubbock held a news conference Friday evening at 6:00 confirming five (5) cases of COVID-19 or coronavirus.
We provided a live-video stream of the news conference. App users might need to CLICK HERE for a better view of the player.
One day earlier, the official count was three (3) in Lubbock.
One of the five is a resident of Hockley County. A second Hockley County case was publicly reported Thursday night, but it is *not* reflected in the Lubbock numbers. (The total of Lubbock and Hockley County cases combined was six as of Friday evening.)
The city also identified seven (7) public locations where there might be a low public risk of exposure. Two of them were already known.
- March 14 Sunset Church of Christ — Graduation Ceremony
- March 15 Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport between 8:45 pm to 9:15 pm
- March 15 Roses Café at 4th and Quaker from 9:30 pm until close (11:00 pm)
- March 16 Walmart Frankford and Loop 289 between 9:30 am and 11:00 am
- March 16 Hobby Lobby 76th Street between 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- March 16 Market Street Quaker and 19th Street between 9:30 am and 11:00 am
- March 16 Dollar General 5004 34th Street between 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm
EverythingLubbock.com continues ongoing coverage of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), it’s impacts and vaccination efforts.
The following is a press release from the City of Lubbock:
City of Lubbock to Hold News Conference
The City of Lubbock will hold a news conference regarding the latest information on the confirmed cases of Coronavirus and the coordinated efforts to address concerns within the community. To limit unnecessary exposure, this conference is for MEDIA and INVITED GUESTS ONLY.
What: News Conference
When: 6:00 p.m. Friday, March 20, 2020
Where: City Council Chambers, Lubbock City Hall, 1625 13th Street
*The City of Lubbock will also be broadcasting the news conference via Facebook Live.