ST. FRANCOIS COUNTY, Mo. (KTVI) – Police in Missouri are searching for five inmates who escaped from a detention facility on Tuesday.
A chief deputy with the St. Francois County Jail believes the inmates escaped from the roof, via a plumbing chase, at approximately 7:00 p.m. They were noticed missing during a routine check at 10:00 p.m.
A news release issued by the St. Francois County Sheriff’s Department indicated that the men had gathered in a secured cell before using “force” to bust through a secured door. They then made their way to the roof, and eventually off jail property. Photos released by the St. Francois County Sheriff’s Department appear to show the inmates fleeing.
Around 15 minutes later, surveillance cameras captured the group stealing a dark grey 2009 Toyota Scion from a nearby parking lot.
The inmates were last observed heading in a “southerly direction,” according to the sheriff’s department.
Authorities say the inmates had removed their orange clothing, and most were wearing “white thermal leggings, white boxer and/or basketball shorts and white T-shirts.”
Authorities released descriptions of the five escapees:
- Kelly McSean’s, 52, who’s birth name is Larry Bemboom, but McSean now identifies as a woman. McSean was described as being 5’9 and 180 pounds.
- Dakota Pace ,26, was described 5’9 and 150 pounds. He has short brown hair, brown eyes and a goatee. He also has a small scar on his right cheekbone.
- Aaron Sebastian White, 30, was described as having has shoulder-length brown hair. Sometimes he wears it in a ponytail. He has a full beard, wears glasses, and has hazel eyes.
- Lujuan Tucker 37, was described as being 5’10 and 175 pounds. He has black hair, dreadlocks, and a goatee.
- 42-year-old Michael Wilkins was described as being 6’1 and around 170 pounds. He has brown hair and is nearly bald. Wilkins was initially booked into the jail for second-degree burglary and a probation violation.
The sheriff’s office is urging locals to refrain from engaging with or confronting the escapees. Anyone with spots a member of the group is urged to call 911 immediately. Anyone with information into their whereabouts is instructed to contact the St. Francois County Sheriff’s Department at (573) 756-3252 or Joint Communications at (573) 431-3131.
The Toyota Scion they’re believed to be driving had a Missouri temporary tag on the back of the car. There was no front plate.