Pig perished in shed fire, Lubbock Fire Rescue said

News

(Nexstar Media Group/EverythingLubbock.com Staff)

LUBBOCK, Texas — Lubbock Fire Rescue responded to a shed fire early Thursday morning in the 3500 block of 102nd Street.

LFR said the property owner had placed electric space heaters in the shed to keep a pig warm. The shed was “full involved” and the fire was spreading to a nearby fence and in the direction of a house. Firefighters were able to put the fire quickly.

“No injuries or displacements were reported although a pig did perish in the shed,” LFR said.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Local News

More Local News

News Highlights

More News Highlights

Don't Miss

Event Calendar