LUBBOCK, Texas — The National Weather Service issued a thunderstorm watch at 2:30 p.m. Friday which was scheduled to expire at 10:00 pm. The watch included Lubbock and portions of the South Plains.
A severe thunderstorm warning was issued at 6:15 p.m. for portions of Lubbock County including Slaton and Ransom Canyon. The National Weather Service office in Lubbock said at 6:20 p.m. a storm near New Home grew in intensity to include 60 mph winds and penny size hail.
“The warning also catches the City of Lubbock mainly for the outflow winds that could get as high as 60 mph, ” the NWS said at the time.
A severe thunderstorm watch has been issued for parts of Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas until 10 PM CDT pic.twitter.com/BjmGnut4mP— NWS Lubbock (@NWSLubbock) June 25, 2021
- 2:30 p.m. NWS issued thunderstorm watch until 10:00 p.m. including Lubbock and the northern counties of the South Plains.
- 5:32 p.m. Severe Thunderstorm Warning including Happy TX, Arney TX until 6:00 PM CDT
- 6:15 p.m. Severe Thunderstorm Warning including Lubbock TX, Slaton TX, Ransom Canyon TX until 7:00 PM CDT
- 6:23 p.m. Severe Thunderstorm Warning including Tulia TX, Happy TX, Kaffir TX until 7:15 PM CDT
- 6:41 p.m. Severe Thunderstorm Warning (Crosby County) including Cap Rock TX, Canyon Valley TX, Owens TX until 7:30 PM CDT
- Airport (LPSIA) Arrivals and Departures
- KAMC News Facebook page
- KAMC Storm Team Weather Lab
- KLBK First Warning Weather Center
- KLBK News Facebook page
- KLBK Weather Facebook
- Lubbock Emergency Management website
- Lubbock Power & Light Outages
- Lyntegar Outages
- Radar — EverythingLubbock.com Interactive Radar
- Ron Roberts KAMC Facebook
- Severe Weather Resource Center from EverythingLubbock.com
- Traffic Cameras from the City of Lubbock
- TxDOT Cameras in Lubbock
- TxDOT Road Conditions
- SPEC Outages
- Xcel Outages