LUBBOCK, Texas–While we’re still in grilling season, Megan Wied from Beef Loving Texans brings us a fabulous recipe for Moroccan Beef Kabobs.
Take a look at this video to see how you can prepare this delicious meal at home.
For more information visit: Beef Loving Texans, and for the full recipe, scroll down.
Beef Kabobs Ingredients:
- 1 pound top sirloin steak boneless or tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Spiced Bulgur Ingredients :
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking bulgur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Whisk marinade ingredients in large bowl until smooth. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile prepare Spiced Bulgur. Combine bulgur, water, raisins, orange juice, pumpkin pie spice, cumin, garlic and salt in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until bulgur is tender and water is absorbed. Fluff with fork; stir in parsley. Keep warm.
3. Soak eight 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain. Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef pieces onto skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
4. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 5 to 7 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
5. Serve kabobs with Spiced Bulgur.